The Manipur Renewable Energy Development Agency (MANIREDA), was established by the State Government in the year 1999, as the State Nodal Agency for implementation of Renewable Energy projects and schemes.
Guidance and support from the Government, active co-operation and participation of the people and hardworking team of MANIREDA, have been able to achieve significant contributions in the development activities of the state, particularly in remote and difficult hilly regions.
Some of the major projects of MANIREDA since its inception, are highlighted below:
- Wind-Solar hybrid power projects.
- Biomass Gasifier power projects.
- Small Hydel projects.
- Remote Village Electrification (RVE) through Solar Lighting.
- Augmentation of public lighting systems through Solar Street Lighting.
- Distribution of solar lamps and energy-efficient lamps to meritorious students:
- Off-Grid Solar power plants.
- Grid-connected Solar power Plants at;
(i) Govt. Buildings & (ii) Private Residential Houses (Rooftop).